Blogger Guest Post: Winter Styling Guide...
A couple of months back, I had introduced you to my fellow blogger friend Ashwini from THE ZING OF MY LIFE. For all those who are new, Ashwini is an Engineer by education and Business Analyst by profession. She has worked in the Investment Management and Equity Trading domain for almost 6 years. She left her job and moved to a new place in the United States with her husband and has dedicated herself to full-time blogging. Her blog celebrates real street style for real women across the globe. HERE.
WINTER STYLING GUIDANCE.
With the cooler temps and a chill in the air, it's time to bundle up in the cozy knit-wear and take out those boots or a spin. I know, the cold weather kinda make us lazy to dress up and all we think of doing is to lay on a couch cuddled up in a cozy Pashmina. But hey! Here are quick dressing tips for the cooler weather to look your best without a sweat!
1. Quirky sweater prints: Winters equal to loading up on sweaters. So, why not spruce the sweater-look with some quirky prints. These sweaters pair great with the regular denims and colored denims as well. Layer them with striped or gingham-checks shirt to add an oomph factor to your Friday-dressing.
2. In-vest: Yep, you will look adorable and feel cozy at he same in a vest. Buy a vest this season to break away from the same dull routine of sweaters and coats. You can get a warm furry vest or a bright-colored puffy vest and layer it with cardigans or shirts for a quick winter look.
3. Bundle up in Infinity scarves: Scarves are the perfect accessories for a cooler weather. Infinity scarves have been around for quite some time and they provide the right amount of warmth and chicness to your outfit. Get a printed scarf or a bold hue scarf and pair it with your sweater or coats to make a winter statement look!
4. Shorts and skirts: Yep, don't stash away your summer staples. Pair the shorts with thick woolen leggings (even better if they are printed leggings) and booties/boots and you are all set to embrace the chilly temps. I love how you can re-purpose every item in your closet (even the ones for summer) with just a help from the accessories department!
5. Boots/booties: They are absolutely essential for the cooler season. Buy the ones that are comfortable for walking (keeping in mind the snow/ice factor). Not only they are good for wearing all day long but they also feel comfy and look uber cool with dresses, skirts and of course denims. Buy one in black and cognac/tan color. These basic colors will go with almost every outfit from your closet.
And finally, here's a warm and comfy outfit idea from my last year's lookbook. A gingham checks shirt and color-blocked sweater is a classy way to style for the workdays.
So with all these quick styling tips, I hope you are ready to embrace the winter season and look your best! If you have any styling questions, please feel free to shoot me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until later, take care and keep it stylish!
To connect to Ashwini a.k.a Ashy CLICK the links below:
So that was Ashwini with us today.
We thank her a tonne for enlightening us with her expertise.
Hope you guys enjoyed the post.
Do you have any killer tips and tricks of your own? Feel free to share them in the comments below.
(Disclaimer: All images c/o Pinterest)