Sloppy Joes. Yummm!
Most of you must be aware that I'm a huge foodie. But well, Inspite of everything I am very particular about tastes and all.
Here's one of my favourites easy to make recipe. I'm in love with this thing called Sloppy Joes since my Delhi days. Here in Jorhat you'll hardly get all the ingredients and I'm like dying to have this SJ's just one more time.
Anyhoo, Here you go.
If you have 15 minutes and a slow cooker, you can have flavorful, hot Sloppy Joes for supper tonight. Relying on bottled pizza sauce, frozen stir-fry vegetables, and your ability to operate a can opener and scissors, you can cook this meal. For traditional barbecue variations, top this sandwich with coleslaw instead of cheese, or change the variety of cheese you're using to suit your family's preferences. Serve this sandwich with oven fries, a fruit salad, and lemonade.
Cook Time: Just 1 minute.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds uncooked ground chicken or uncooked ground turkey
- 2 14-oz. jars pizza sauce
- 2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables, thawed and chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 hoagie rolls, split
- 8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese (8 ounces)
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot skillet; cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring to break apart. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, pizza sauce, vegetables, and undrained tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Arrange split rolls, cut sides up, on an unheated broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Spoon chicken mixture onto bottoms of toasted rolls. Top with cheese and roll tops. Makes 8 sandwiches.
And you're done...
Recipe source BHG.com
Hope you enjoyed the post . Tell me how does it sound and if at all you try cooking these, do let me know if you like it.
Will be back soon,
Stay Young, Stay Chicilicious.